How do you determine how you are getting from point A to point B when you’re driving your car? Do you have a roadmap or GPS that guides your every turn?
Your life is no different. If you don’t have a course charted, you are never going to get where you want to be. Goals are your internal GPS, or stated better, Goals are your Pathway to Success.
What Pathways have you created? See, the single biggest problem with goals is that everyone knows you’re supposed to have them, write them out and review them. But how many people actually do? If you believe the statistics less than 3 ½% of the population actually has written goals that are reviewed regularly.
That means that most people are driving through life living someone else’s plan. Is there any wonder then why the wealthiest 2% of Americans control over 80% of our country’s wealth?
I’m not here to tell you how to structure you life. I am here to tell you that if you want more than you have now professionally and personally, then it’s time you started copying what the most successful people do.
There are lots of goal programs to choose from, and they all work if you apply them. Just get started! The best programs go beyond the typical goal structuring mechanics and apply real emotion to them. Emotion is where the drive comes from, not some structured sentence. If you want in depth advice on how to really structure and create goals that drive you, call me. For now, this is how to start if you don’t have your GPS set:
• Write a paragraph about exactly what you want out of life, in every area of your life. Be very specific and give your results a timeline.
• Write out exactly what you’ll receive emotionally, physically, spiritually, and financially by accomplishing your goals. Be very specific and create some real joy and happiness.
• Write out everything its cost you by not taking action. Be very specific and create some misery.
• Write down 3 action items for each area of your life that you have a goal for and schedule them – literally write them into your calendar as though it’s an appointment you cannot miss.
• And if you really want to maximize your success rate, find someone who’s already accomplished what you desire and copy their success strategy.
Goals are your Pathway to Success, and if you don’t have them written out and review them on a regular basis, you’re driving blind through life. You need them for your internal GPS, or you will be living someone else’s life. Start living the life of your dreams. Go out and make it happen.
Our Team is here to make you, your sales team and/or your business more successful through our customized sales training, professional development seminars, results workshops, and corporate motivational speaking.