When you work with high achievers, it’s easy to spot similarities. One similarity common to all high achievers is they obsess over what they really want.
I don’t mean they have an elevated interest. They have an absolute, deep-in-their-core, all-consuming obsession. It is there sole focus, where every resource they have, every thought, every free moment is dedicated to making it happen.
It doesn’t matter if it’s leading their team effectively, crushing a huge sales goal, or transforming their body. Whatever it is, they devote all of themselves to it. Napolean Hill said it best, “we become what we think about all the time.”
I see this in myself and my clients too. Virtually everything in my life I’ve accomplished has come from first obsessing over it.
What is it you want for the rest of the year? What will you obsess over, and spend every spare moment working towards. The more you obsess, the more actions you’ll take, the more plans you’ll execute, and the more success will come your way. To give your obsession a tangible plan, follow these 8 steps:
1. Decide exactly what it is that you want to accomplish before the end of the year and write it down
2. Write out exactly why, your reasons – no one else’s. Make them deeply personal to engage all of you
3. Write out every obstacle you can imagine would come up, no matter how large or small
4. Write a plan to mitigate each of them
5. Write down absolutely every action step you can think of that will move you closer to achieving your outcome
6. Schedule them
7. Read this plan every morning, every night, at lunch, at breaks, and at every free moment
8. Enjoy your obsession and the success soon to come
Decide what you really want for your business and life, and go for it.
Our Team is here to make you, your sales team and/or your business more successful through our customized sales training, professional development seminars, results workshops, and corporate motivational speaking.